The DÖW Archive
When the DÖW was founded in 1963, it had over 1,500 (almost 6 metres of shelf space) files. Today, there are more than 350 meters of shelf space with files on resistance, persecution and exile. Access to the files is ensured through catalogues and indexes. Most files are already electronically searchable (electronic database ARCHIDOC: Requests possible for names, places, keywords, originating time of the file, original archive (with copies), bearer; full text inquiries in the short description of the file.)
- Oral history
- Photo collection
- Right-wing extremism collection
- Spanish Civil War collection
- Women’s concentration camp Ravensbrück
Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday closed
The DÖW Library
- is a reference library and covers about 50,000 titles.
- There is a topical emphasis on the following areas of interest: Nazi crimes, Shoah, exile, concentration camps, resistance and persecution in Austria and Europe, right-wing extremism after 1945.
- Electronically searchable.
DÖW Right wing extremism division
The Austrian Research Agency for Post-War Justice at the Documentation Center of Austrian Resistance
Mailing address: A-1013 Wien, Postfach 98
Tel: 0043 (1) 2289469 – 315 (DÖW)
Fax: 0043 (1) 2289469 391 (DÖW)
The Gestapo Memorial Site Morzinplatz/Salztorgasse
Dr. Elisabeth Boeckl-Klamper, e-mail | phone +43 1 22 89 469 – 318
The Steinhof Memorial Site